Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I drew my so-called portrait!


It was actually in the year 2005, I went to sydney through IBM. I went there to migrate one J2EE application from IBM-Australia to IBM-India and take ownership of the same. I had heavy work one day till 9 p.m. and wanted to relax for sometime in home. Being alone in my apartment I was not knowing what to do. I usually hear lot of music and cook something to kill time. That day all my usual divertions put me to boredom. To change my mind, I suddenly thought why not to draw something. I didn't have a pencil or eraser but started roughly with a Ball Point Pen. I started to draw myself seeing one of my photos!

Before you look at the photo, I would like to say few things about it:

  • Believe it or not, I drew this seeing my photo only [Whether the portrait looks like me or not] :-)

  • It was drawn using a BLACK BALL-POINT pen and there is no way I can erase and correct the mistakes. So it is drawn in one shot.

  • I took just above an hour to draw this. From 10:05p till 11:10p
Here is the photo!

Cheers!
_Mani

2 comments:

Vijay VK said...

Wow. You proved that you are a good drawer( ;-) ) after a long time. Last time if I remember correctly, it was during our schoolings i guess.

Unknown said...

Hey Mani...Really nice....So you have an artist/poet in you for sure...Encourage this talent and allow it to blossom. All the best.